WELCOME TO UTOPIA
The music is amazing. He can excite hundreds and unite thousands. But as an industry it has been slow, complicated and patchwork. As the tech world has looked to the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by the inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia, we believe there is a better way. That is why we are striving today to transform the entire industry; create new revenue streams, consolidate data and declutter the administrator. Unlock the full potential of the industry by unifying it all in a truly holistic space. Some might call it a utopia.
Oddly enough, so are we. Welcome to utopia. Where the music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry grapples with the very basics of music accounting: what was played, when and where? Who should be paid and how much?
Utopia Music bridges the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata and fast payments to a trusted industry-wide platform. Our goal is to unleash creative value and enable Fair pay for each game to create a better world for music. The solutions we propose do not threaten to usurp the role of the industry’s incumbent operators – it is about bringing transparency to the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
FinTech is the next big area of ââgrowth for the music industry and Utopia Music is at the forefront. As Commercial Manager – Manual Advances, you will play an instrumental role in promoting the sales of a new type of royalty advance. You will have the incredible opportunity to work with the greatest artists and their team. You will be the first to offer a financial service like no other that allows artists to create new projects while allowing them to retain their rights and creative control. You will deliver a unique financial software solution that musicians have never had access to before and work to improve the ecosystem of the music industry. You will report to the Commercial Manager – Upfront Payments.
If you are looking to bring your skills and experience to a new music startup on the verge of revolutionizing the music industry, this position is for you!
- Achieve sales goals by optimizing the sales cycle, identify emerging markets, new products and new competitors
- Stay ahead of market trends and stay abreast of target markets
- Cultivate a strong, honest and innovative brand image through your commercial positioning and the maintenance of customer and prospect relationships
- Develop sales plans and develop new ideas for marketing strategies and needs
- Present realistic sales, income and expense reports and forecasts to your sales manager and management team
- Data entry and CRM update
- Respond to customers and leads with finesse
- Implementation of new software and strategies used to close business
- Communicate which blockers you have proactively
- Review and optimize sequences and workflows with your sales manager
- Be the voice of the customer
- Has an established network in the music industry, ideally with strong ties to major and minor labels, publishers, management companies and artists large and small
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in music finance or fintech, structured settlements industry or banking experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Marketing, Sales or relevant field
- Proven experience in sales, business development and management
- SaaS software sales experience is a bonus
- Good knowledge of CRM. Knowledge of Hubspot is a plus
- Knowledge of LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- People-oriented and unafraid to ask questions and collaborate cross-functionally
- Fluent in English and able to communicate with finesse. Additional languages ââare a plus!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Good atmosphere – we live, love and breathe music and technology!
- Work in an impact-oriented team and an inclusive corporate culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with a proven track record in multiple startups and large tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy offers utopians the freedom to work from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive advantages ; the packages depend on the location. You will receive more details about this during the interview process.
- Currently, we are only recruiting from the United States for this role.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English
- We invite you to an introductory phone / video call to get to know you better and find out more about us
- Opportunity to meet with our Sales Manager – Upfront Payments for Team, Role & Suitability Interview
- We invite you to a Sales Discovery test to assess your sales skills
- Final interview
Because we want to bring transparency, trust and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know that change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization that strives to think clearly and do what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can improve them tomorrow. We adhere to fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and invite anyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where music lives!