Spherion Mid Ohio Professional Division is associated with a growing and exciting organization in Mansfield, Ohio that serves a multitude of industries for their tooling needs!
We are looking for an Analytical Accountant to join their team! Salary of up to $70,000 offered depending on experience.
** This is a Direct Hire Opportunity – NEVER go through a temporary hiring process if selected! **
To ensure success, cost accountants must be confident, professional, and meticulous with a keen interest in the profitable operations of the organization. The best candidates will have exceptional report writing skills and the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Cost Accountant Responsibilities:
– Develop and maintain the organization’s cost accounting system, documents and records.
– Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
– Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
– Comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
– Analyze the collected data and save a detailed record of the results.
– Analyze any changes in the goods or services provided to determine what effect this has on the cost.
– Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
– Make cost estimates for new and proposed products.
– Provide management with reports that detail and compare factors that affect pricing and profitability of products or services.
– Participate in audits and preparation of the general ledger.
– Carry out physical inventories and follow the rotating inventory program.
Requirements of analytical accountants:
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
– A minimum of two years of professional experience in cost accounting.
– Good understanding of accounting principles.
– Solid experience with cost systems.
– Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
– Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
– Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
– Ability to work independently and in a team.
– Excellent report writing, communication and computer skills.
What’s in it for you? :
– Health insurance – 50% paid by the company for the employee!
– Dental insurance
– vision insurance
– Life insurance
– Health savings account
– PTO and 11 paid holidays!
Does this sound like the opportunity you were looking for? Apply today with CV!