About the Company: Our client is a leading investment organization with a strong focus on real estate development. Our client has remained a major player in the real estate investment industry and has influenced so much the way the industry is run in Nigeria.
Job Summary: We are looking to hire a Junior Level Financial Accountant to help oversee the financial well-being of the organization in conjunction with the finance team. This will include budgeting, managing tax payments, etc.
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, as well as federal and state regulations.
- Support the finance team in maintaining the finances of the business.
- Analyze financial data and prepare balance sheets.
- Resolve issues or queries related to accounts payable and receivable.
- Coordinate with management and staff to prepare budgets.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check, and credit card transactions, and post and file invoices.
- Participate in financial and tax audits and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Complete month-end closing procedures.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Develop monthly financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field is essential.
- Professional certification or in the process of obtaining it.
- 2 to 5 years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of SAGE is an asset but not mandatory.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Critical thinker with a great mastery of mathematics.
- Excellent report writing, communication and computer skills.