The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by engaging established agencies, soliciting new leads and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
- Implements strategies to consistently increase revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Builds credible relationships with the local business community.
- Makes sales calls to existing and potential customers.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to clients how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information on advertising placement rates in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with customers and station staff responsible for placing advertising in station media.
- Works with customers and station staff to develop advertisements.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or mass communications, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of one year of sales experience, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience in achieving long-term goals and implementing strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.